Location: Work from home (UK only),
Salary: Based on experience & qualifications (£27,000-£30,000),
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2023
Slug Disco Studios is a small independent games studio founded in 2014. Our main project is an insect themed PC strategy game called “Empires of the Undergrowth” which was released in Steam’s Early Access programme in December 2017.
Despite being fully remote, we try to foster a very collaborative work environment where everyone can work to their strengths, ask for help, and team up on difficult jobs.
As well as bringing new skills into the team, the ideal candidate should also be interested in the sort of games we are working on, ideally both from a development perspective and as a player. We feel that this is really important for you to be able to enjoy your work, so if you’ve ever wanted to command your own ant colony, evolve your own fish, or keep pet beetles, then we’re sure you’ll absolutely love working in our team!
We’re looking for someone to help implement social media strategies and to help grow player communities.
- Design and implement social media posting strategies for all Slug Disco published games.
- Identify things that the development teams are working on that would benefit from being posted about publicly.
- Work with regional community managers to organise events, collect and process feedback, and make announcements.
- Take on the role of community manager for multiple games.
- Video capture, video editing & image editing skills
- Copywriting skills – You will need to author public-facing captions/short paragraphs/full articles about our games, events, development processes etc.
- Experience of interacting with online video game communities (either as a player or in a position of authority)
- Experience using social media platforms other than Facebook or X.
There are plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills, working with us. We’re a small team and we’re interested in hearing about what other skills you could bring to the table and about any skills you are hoping to develop while working with us.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and are eager to diversify our team.
To apply: Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org